Thursday, April 3, 2014

C4T#3

male teacher at shcalkboard


This week I was assigned to comment on Jeff Delp's blog 6 things On My Education Wish List. His blog was a short list of the six things he wanted for his profession of education. The six things were: teachers treated as professionals, recognition that good teaching is not just about curriculum, providing adequate resources, stop talking about tests, recognizing that poverty is a huge factor in education, and less fear more adventure.

My comment on Mr.Delp's blog was, "Mr. Delp, My name is Mallory and I am a student at the University of South Alabama in the EDM310 class. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this post. Your wish list is something that I think all educators should want and strive to achieve for their school systems. On my education wish list, I would want teachers to have more freedom as far as lessons planning with their class. I am going to be an english teacher and I would like to have the freedom with my lesson plans to choose the books my students read and things like that."

This week, I was again assigned to view Jeff Delp's blog Molehills Out Of Mountains. He had not published since I last viewed his blog, so I chose to view on of his older posts. This one was called Teach for today.. and tomorrow. His post was about a presentation he did to middle school math classes about what it takes to graduate. He did not focus so much on credits, but rather he chose to focus on the decisions the students were making and how they could impact their lives. He also talked about how he believes blogging is good and so is having a PLN. He talked about that because he was saying that people need to not only share their success stories, but share their struggles as well.

My comment on his blog post was, "My name is Mallory and I am a student at the University of South Alabama in the EDM310 class. This post is amazing to me because you have such valid points. I think you are so right that people need to share their failures and success when they aare blogging or tweeting because that way others have something to think about if they are in similar situations. I also think that your presentation was an awesome way to show your students that their decisions matter. I like that you chose to use the presentation instead of just talking to the students about credits. It really shows that you care."

No comments:

Post a Comment