Saturday, April 19, 2014

Blog Post 13

My area of specialty will be Secondary education/english and literature. I think we spent a lot of time hearing from elementary teachers for this class, and not enough time hearing from secondary teachers. I would like to have had a project in which we researched a classroom that fit our exact major and did a post for it in order to see if we could find success or failures in the situation with technology in the classroom.

book


I googled my topic and found a blog that was unique to secondary education and found a teacher who started off without technology, but then was able to incorporate it into the classroom successfully. The blog was Saving Socrates. This teacher shared her success with technology on her blog and I felt that it was good for me to get to read about it becasue it will be encouraging for my future.

I know this is similar to the C4T's that we did this semester, but I was never assigned to a secondary ed teacher or an english teacher.

3 comments:

  1. Hi, Mallory,
    I'm glad you found a blog that will inspire you in your future classroom. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mallory! My name is Sarah Richerson and I'm in Dr. Strange's EDM 510 class. I'm also glad that you found a blog of someone who is similar to your career aspirations. I think that is part of becoming a lifelong learner. We have to be able to use technology to continue to learn even after this EDM class is over. Best wishes to your future as an educator!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mallory,

    Although I am an Elementary Education Major I still feel that it would have been beneficial to be exposed to secondary classroom practices. At this point in the program, exposure to a secondary classroom practice that a student felt to extraordianary could have lead to a change in major! I am glad you were able to use your own resources to seek out someone who may be able to assist you with your journey as a secondary education teacher. Good Post!

    ReplyDelete