Thursday, February 6, 2014

C4T SUMMARY #1

A+ Teacher sign


I have been assigned to view and comment on Ms.Dahl’s blog For The Love Of Teaching.

The first post I viewed was called How To Plan and Schedule Guided Reading Groups. This blog post was about the plan she has developed in order to put her students in reading groups. Her plan included determining the students reading levels, scheduling the meeting times for the groups, and working the stations around the teacher table. She had pictures of the process to show the actual steps she took.

What I learned from this first post and a summary of the comment I left for this post would be that it is important to think about the individual needs of the children in your classroom. She took the time to assess each of their reading levels in order to work with them on their own level. She also thought about events that were currently going on in her school before planning out each groups’s reading time. I think that was a great way to create reading groups in the classroom.

The second post I viewed by Ms. Dahl was called Thinking Across Content - Good Mathematics Poster. This post was about the language used in a classroom to encourage deep thinking from students. Her steps to do this were knowing the language of learning, actively using the language, how much time will it take to use the language, and the use of the language posters.

What I learned from this post and a summary of my comment for this post would be that I had never thought to encourage my students through the use of this language, but it seems like a good idea because it would help students to understand more as I am teaching. I think that by learning this language of learning that I could really help my students in the long run.

I really enjoyed reading Ms. Dahl’s blog posts because they opened my eyes to new techniques. It was also very informative and had great use of visuals.

No comments:

Post a Comment