Thursday, January 30, 2014

BLOG POST 3: HOW CAN I PROVIDE MEANINGFUL FEEDBACK TO MY PEERS?

I WANT YOU FOR FEEDBACK


After viewing Paige Ellis' blog, I learned that there are different ways we can approach peer review. I also learned that the best thing to keep in mind is that one day I’m going to be a teacher and that I will have to review my students work all the time so I might as well practice now. I think Paige was really on point with her decision to use private and public communication.

I felt that What Is Peer Editing? and Peer Edit With Perfection Tutorial were very similar. Both showed that there were three steps to proper peer editing. The three steps were compliments, suggestions, and corrections. Both also showed the definition of peer and edit. They also both showed things to look at when peer editing, such as word choice, using details, sentence structure, and the overall flow.

The Writing Peer Review Top Ten Mistakes was a very cute video in which the students showed different scenarios of peer editing gone bad. It was basically a video of instructions on what not to do.

After viewing all of those things, I learned that I need to consider the other person’s feeling when I am peer editing. I also learned that it is important to stay positive. I should do fine with peer editing as long as I follow the three steps.

After viewing my group members’ blogs, I realized that they all had similar thoughts, which to me means that they were all on point with their analysis. I think that one of my group members could have gone into more detail but other than that they were all pretty good. Their grammar was correct and there were no spelling errors to my knowledge. I have come to the conclusion that I would leave similar comments like this on their blogs. I think that this is a good case of when it is ok to comment publicly. If they would have been completely off topic or had tons of errors, I would have privately told them.

This blog was definitely a learning experience and it really opened my eyes up to the right way to view other people’s blogs.

1 comment:

  1. Mallory,
    I really like what you have done with your page! Everything you said about peer editing was correct and on point. Besides a missing "s" on the word feeling and a missing comma, your grammar is awesome! Might I suggest, maybe, changing the color of the text to a darker color. The font, however, is fabulous! I am getting older and cannot see as well as I could when I was younger! ;) I believe if I follow these simple steps in peer editing, that I will also do well. Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete