Sunday, February 23, 2014

BLOG POST #6

What are personal learning networks? How can they help you as a teacher? How are they formed? How can you create your own PLN? Who will be the first additions to your PLN?
Those are the driving questions for this week. Personal learning networks are what a teacher uses to stay connected. It is the group of people who are available to give teachers support or advice. They can help me as a teacher because I can have someone to go to for information who might have already been through certain situations. PLN's are formed through branching out by teachers. They happen when teachers stay connected. I created my own PLN on Symbaloo. The first additions to my own PLN will be my classmates. They will be my first additions because who better to ask questions to, than people going through the same experience.

This week taught me that I can depend on my own classmates for advice/support in my future classroom.

PNL

1 comment:

  1. Mallory,

    I am in Dr. Strange's EDM510 class. Click here for my blog!

    Several years ago I was right where you are! I was creating all these networks and wondered what the heck I would ever use them for! I am going to tell you something, while classmates are a great resource - you need to create a PLN that will help you in the future. These people will be your peers and mentors as you continue through your education classes and your first teaching experiences. They will console you in your failures, praise you in your successes and give you a good swift kick when you are screwing up! I tell you this from experience. Do not take creating these networks lightly.

    I tweet with many of my PLN on a regular basis. I used their suggestions on lesson planning during my Methods Block and I asked for help when dealing with a teacher that was not assisting students properly. I asked for help with assignments from professors and I received a TON of congrats when I finished my degree!

    Don't just stop with your classmates. Add people like Will Chamberlain and Jenny She. You will appreciate it!

    Good luck in your endeavors.

    Gina

    ReplyDelete