Friday, February 28, 2014

BLOG POST #7

dream big

The driving question for this blog was, “What Can We Learn About Teaching and Learning From Randy Pausch?”

After watching Randy Pausch’s Last Lecture, I learned that Pausch’s main points were his dreams, helping other people enabling their dreams, and what lets you get to accomplish your dreams.

Pausch had some very interesting points. The quotes that I took away from the video were, “it’s all about fundamentals,” “the brick walls are there to show how badly we want something,” “wait long enough and people will surprise and impress you,” and “the best gift an educator can give is to get someone to be self-reflective.”

I think those quotes are important because they are all qualities he talked about which can help me learn about teaching and helping others to learn. Sticking to the fundamentals will help keep me focused. The brick wall quote is important because it can help me realize to stay determined and to keep my students dedicated. The waiting quote is important because it reminds me to be patient. The last quote is important because it shows a goal that I can try to attain with my students.

No comments:

Post a Comment