Sunday, March 16, 2014

Project #14 Project Based Learning Plan #2

I have decided to use the movie trailer idea from EDM310 and decided to use it in a lesson plan for my class. Since I am going to be an English teacher, I think this will be especially useful.

In this project, I would divide my students up into four groups with five students in each group. This project is for students in sixth grade. For the project, I would have my students read a book over the course of a week. They would all read the same book. Once the book was read, I would have the students break into groups and discuss what they believed to be the exposition, rising action, introduction of conflict,climax, falling action, and resolution of the story. Once they had decided those things as a group, I would have them create a trailer for the book. After the trailers were done, we would watch as a class and decide which parts of the book really were the exposition, rising action, introduction of conflict, climax, falling action, and resolution of the book. I would have the class self-evaluate the trailers using a pre-determined rubric to grade their own work.





No comments:

Post a Comment