Sunday, March 16, 2014

Blog Post #8

For this blog post,we were supposed to think about what we will be teaching and search for an appropriate tool that will be useful in our anticipated teaching situations.
I decided to Google technology tools that can be used in the field of english/literature. Google had some pretty interesting results. The tool that I decided to examine was developing inquiry-based webquests for literature.

This tool helps to bring reading to life for students. The website I found it on says it, "focuses on how a technology-rich environment can facilitate the reading experience and help students meet challenging standards while addressing essential questions that bring meaning to learning. Through the use of Internet-based WebQuests, students engage in problem solving, information processing, and collaboration. When these WebQuests are literature based, books become the focal point for reading-centered learning activities. The article describes creation of original WebQuests, but also explores how teachers can locate, evaluate, adapt, and integrate existing resources."

note from the teacher


If that doesn't scream fun and learning for students, I don't know what does.

The Webquests encourage students to learn and enjoy while doing it. The website I found this information on was Reading Online.

I hope that I am able to take advantage of this in my future classroom and I really enjoyed learning about it.

3 comments:

  1. Mallory, this was a very interesting post. I love to read and hope to one day be a reading coach, and this seems like it would be a very helpful tool to know about. I like the way Google tries to make it fun, because reading truly can be fun. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have liked to see more of your own words for describing what the tool can do, instead of a long quote.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mallory! I'm glad you found a literature tool that will benefit your students. I liked that you described the website, but I would have liked hearing your own opinion about the web tool. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete